Baby shower

So, last Saturday my mom and Laura, my sister threw me the single most awesome baby shower. I've never actually been on one before, since me and my hubby are the first ones among our friends to have a baby. Add to this that I'm your typical cutesy-loving gal, and you can imagine my excitement and how much I was looking forward to the whole thing.

In the end, the baby shoes on top of the yummy-est strawberry cake really ate themselves into my soul. I felt touched by both the dinosaurs on the balloons (see the picture below) and my friends, who came to celebrate with us. And I was so happy I smiled like a Cheshire cat all afternoon.

Since last May my hubby and I have been living a little farther away from town, so staying in touch with the girls was a little harder than before. Well, there's not a single difficulty the word wide web cannot fix, but it's just not the same. So, at the shower even though we didn't play any particular games, we had so much fun just catching up. The hours flew by and the afternoon party ended around 10 PM. The cake wasn't only gorgeous, but my mom literally had to take away my little spoon from me. Fruit cakes are my absolute weak points.


So, how is it with you guys? Have you ever been on a baby shower? Or did you have one of your own? Tell me all about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.